Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrik Karlström <pa...@trixon.se> on 2022/02/16 07:04:11 UTC

[platform][javafx] Unsupported JavaFX configuration: classes were loaded from 'unnamed module

Until now I have been using a jdk/jre with bundled javafx modules for
platform applications, but yesterday I decided to switch to a vanilla jdk
and added javafx through maven (not the NetBeans ones).

Then I noticed
WARNING [javafx]: Unsupported JavaFX configuration: classes were loaded
from 'unnamed module @1f52076b'

DDG took me to https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8256362
"As of JDK 9, the JavaFX runtime expects to be loaded as a set of named
javafx.* modules, and no longer supports loading those modules from the
classpath. If it accidentally happens to work on the classpath, then it
isn't by design nor it is supported. We are unlikely to address any bugs
that might result from this use case."

Is it better/future proof to use a runtime with bundled javafx when doing
platform applications then using plain dependencies?

Patrik