Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jean Maynier <jm...@eco2market.com> on 2011/11/08 18:59:14 UTC

Parent-child options

Hello,

Did someone find a way to solve the parent-child problem? The Join option
is too complex because you have to create multiple document type and do the
join in the query.

ElasticSearch did a better job at solving this problem:
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/mapping/nested-type.html
http://www.elasticsearch.org/guide/reference/query-dsl/nested-query.html

Is Solr has a similar feature (at least in the roadmap) ? I don't want to
change for ES (too much changed) but it seems better for the moment for
structured content.

--
Jean Maynier

Re: Parent-child options

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Lucene itself has BlockJoinQuery/Collector (in contrib/join), which is
what ElasticSearch is using under the hood for its nested documents (I
think?).

But I don't think this has been exposed in Solr yet.... patches welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com