Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Rakesh Patel <rp...@us.nomura.com> on 2005/09/21 23:28:38 UTC

Using the SocketHubAppender - Reading off the socket

Here is the scenario:

1. Program A is published its log4j messages via a SocketHubAppender on port X.

2. I have written a program where I connect to the socket on port X. I am using
the standard Java socket API.

I am able successfully able to connect to port X and read the socket, but the
problem is I am unable to probably decode the message. How do I transform the
received data on the socket to readable ASCII? Most of the data is unreadable
characters. I can make out only some of the string.

Thanks

Rakesh