Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by Chris Houghten <ch...@houghten.com> on 2002/11/25 19:50:55 UTC

making classes available

Hey all -

First of all, I'm not sure how to create inner classes on the fly, but I don't want to get into that yet, as I may have the code correct for that.
What I need is an example of generating a class at runtime and just making it available to be accessed at any future point instead of returning an instance of it immediately. I tried to simply call     resolveClass(c); passing my newly defined class, but i still get a ClassNotFound error when trying to access it.

Basically I am overriding the MetalComboBoxUI AND the ComboPopup and I want to generate both of these on the fly(for Look and Feel compatability reasons). I generate my generated UI class and all is well til it tries to create it's popup which is my ne popup class which i generated and called resolveClass.

I am kinda disappointed with the lack of example code for BCEL, so when I finish this code I will make it available for everyone to see. I think this will be a fabulous reference for anyone wanting to override basic swing component behaviour and make it available for all look and feels.

Chris