Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com> on 2013/07/29 22:47:22 UTC

CS 4.1 + vSphere 5.1 - System VMs issue

Hello everybody,

I'm recently having issues about the ability to manage the system VMs
(Console Proxy + Secondary Storage VM); I've got the following
configuration:

  * Cloudstack 4.1
  * VMware vSphere 5.1
  * Standard networking configuration
  * vSwitch0 on the public network (Guest network) - Phyisical network
    connected to a WAN phyisical switch (public addresses).
  * vSwitch1 on the private network (Management + Storage traffic) -
    Phyisical network connected to a LAN phyisical switch.

I'm able to connect to the System VMs, and also to ping them, but I'm
not able to connect to the console of both two VMs; it looks like
something wrong in my network configuration. Where am I wrong in my
activities?

Thanks in advance,

Gaspare

RE: CS 4.1 + vSphere 5.1 - System VMs issue

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Gaspare,

Is issue console related - as in going to CloudStack UI and launching console? Do you have firewalls in between your desktop, console vm, cloudstack and esxi servers?

If I understand this correctly, I've dealt with similar issue and it was due to my firewalls restricting access.

I can give you more details - once you confirm the issue.

Regards
ilya

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Please give me the exact URL to access for the IRC channel.

Thanks,

Gaspare

On 05/08/2013 22:04, Musayev, Ilya wrote:

> Gaspare,
>
> Please help me understand first -- are there any firewalls you need to
> have opened between your desktop, cloudstack system VMs and ESX infra?
>
> There maybe 2 different issues here, so I'm not certain which route I
> should go about explaining.
>
> Regards
>
> ilya

checked for viruses before opening them. Any views or opinions presented

[cid:image001.png@01CE91F5.6973E0E0]

[...]

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact: info [at] netsons.com and delete the material from any computer. If this email contains attachments you should ensure they are checked for viruses before opening them. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Re: CS 4.1 + vSphere 5.1 - System VMs issue

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Hi Ilya,

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Hello everybody,

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Hello everybody,

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
No problems! :)

Best regards,

Gaspare

Posted by Noel Kendall <no...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.
Hi Noel,

Posted by Hotmail <no...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.
Also, check the logs on CS host.
I think relevant file is called catalina.out.

Posted by Gaspare A Silvestri <g....@netsons.com>.

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.