Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Klaus H." <kd...@googlemail.com> on 2008/09/19 11:14:32 UTC

release-plugin: execute at generate-sources phase

Hi all,

i need to filter a resource file before the generate-sources phase (input
file for source-generator). So i bound the maven-resources-plugin to the
generate-sources phase. The point is that filtering does not work anymore.
Even the filtering in the default lifecycle-phase of the generator plugin
does not work anymore. Seem as explicity naming the resource-plugin
overwrites some default configuration. Any idea which one this could be? Or
any other idea how this could be solved..

Thanks,
Klaus

---
<build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>filterGeneratorInput</id>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>resources</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <resources>
                                <resource>
                                    <filtering>true</filtering>

                                    <includes>

<include>GeneratorInput.xml</include>
                                    </includes>
                                </resource>
                            </resources>
                            <outputDirectory>target\klaus</outputDirectory>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <configuration>
                    <resources>
                        <resource>
                            <filtering>true</filtering>

<directory>src/main/resources/META-INF</directory>
                        </resource>
                    </resources>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <!--  (Re-)Generate -->
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>myGeneratorPlugin</artifactId>

Re: release-plugin: execute at generate-sources phase

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I would normally expect to see the resources in <build>, but you have
a second configuration outside the execution attempting to override
that.

Is it your intent to copy the one filtered file from
src/main/resources in process-sources and then only the files in
src/main/resources/META-INF during the normal build?

- Brett

Posted by Klaus <kd...@googlemail.com>.
Sorry, i do not get it.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.