Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Murli Varadachari <mv...@facebook.com> on 2008/09/15 23:26:20 UTC

Trouble using Svn merge --reintegrate

I can¹t get ³svn merge ‹reintegrate² to work . I have been merging from
trunk to this branch frequently

Here is the error message

svn: Cannot reintegrate from 'svn+ssh://host/svnroot/tfb/branches/globs/www'
yet:
Some revisions have been merged under it that have not been merged
into the reintegration target; merge them first, then retry.

Example:

Properties on my branch branch ==>

Properties on 'svn+ssh://host/svnroot/tfb/branches/glob/www':

  svn:mergeinfo : /tfb/trunk/www:78849-121709

Note: 78849 was the branch creation point ‹ from trunk

Now I am trying to reintegrate all the changes from branch to trunk.

svn merge ‹reintegrate  svn+ssh://host/svnroot/tfb/branches/globs/www

and it fails.

However if I run a manual merge it works from branch => trunk  ti appears to
work

svn merge svn+ssh://host/svnroot/tfb/trunk/www
svn+ssh://host/svnroot/tfb/branches/globs/www  <trunk-WC>

Am I missing something? The branch was created pre 1.5.

Cheers
murli

Re: Trouble using Svn merge --reintegrate

Posted by Murli Varadachari <mv...@facebook.com>.

Posted by John Peacock <jo...@havurah-software.org>.