Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Britta Schüle <br...@ixos.de> on 2000/05/23 13:39:00 UTC

run time error with xalan_1_0_1

Hi folks,

trying to use xalan for the first time, so I don't know whether you already
had heaps of questions like this! ; ) My code compiles fine, but when I'm
running the app, I get the following exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser: method
setSendCharDataAsCharArray(Z)V not found
	at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.<init>(DTM.java:271)
	at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:197)
	at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngineImpl.j
ava:838)
	at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(Compiled Code)
	at Main.transform(Main.java:33)
	at Main.<init>(Main.java:21)
I'm running xalan_1_0_1 with xerces-1_0_3 included in the xalan package, but
have tried using xerces-1_0_4 as well with the same result.
Anyone got a clue as to what that refers to?

Cheers, Britta

Britta Schüle
MSc Software Engineering
Product Development 1