Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Chandrashekhar Jain <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/28 19:36:54 UTC

SCA support in STP

H all,

    I am working on a defect related to Tuscany in Eclipse STP project.  This is relate to Tuscany SCA Java M2 build.

 I am following the instructions in http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/SCA_Java/GettingStarted
( Tuscany M2).  I am following the readme for the calculatorRMIService
example ( after downloading the examples).  The intention of doing this
is to understand how a rmi service example will run with Tuscany as of
M2 build.  This would help me understand the use case in eclipse.

    I am following the instructions in the section "Setting up Tuscany Standalone Runtime" for the calculatorRMIService
example.  When i run mvn dependency:unpack, i get the following error :

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for 'dependency:unpack'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify the following:

<configuration>
  <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin.
Reason: Invalid or missing parameters: [Mojo parameter [name:
'artifactItems'; alias: 'null']] for mojo: org.apache
.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.0-alpha-5-SNAPSHOT:unpack
        at
 org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:568)

Any reason why this maybe happening.

regards,
chandra

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: SCA support in STP

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
[snip]
Luciano Resende wrote:
> A related question, regarding SCA support in STP. Any plans to move to
> the latest releases of Tuscany SCA ? We are targeting a 1.0 release
> sometime soon, and would be great to have the Eclipse Tooling support
> based on that release.
>
> On 8/28/07, Chandrashekhar Jain <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> H all,
>>
>>     I am working on a defect related to Tuscany in Eclipse STP project.  This is relate to Tuscany SCA Java M2 build.
>>
>>  I am following the instructions in http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/SCA_Java/GettingStarted
>> ( Tuscany M2).  I am following the readme for the calculatorRMIService
>> example ( after downloading the examples).  The intention of doing this
>> is to understand how a rmi service example will run with Tuscany as of
>> M2 build.  This would help me understand the use case in eclipse.
>>
>>     I am following the instructions in the section "Setting up Tuscany Standalone Runtime" for the calculatorRMIService
>> example.  When i run mvn dependency:unpack, i get the following error :
>>
>> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR

If you're still using Tuscany M2, it's from Nov 2006... a little too old
:) . The SCDL syntax has changed quite a bit since last year.  If the
STP tools are generating SCA 1.0 artifacts now, M2 from Nov 2006 is not
going to be able to consume them.

I'd recommend to use our 0.91 release (July 2007) available at
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/sca-java-releases.html, or even
better, the latest release candidate which is currently being voted on,
available at http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/0.99-RC2. Both
support the SCA 1.0 SCDL syntax.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: SCA support in STP

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
A related question, regarding SCA support in STP. Any plans to move to
the latest releases of Tuscany SCA ? We are targeting a 1.0 release
sometime soon, and would be great to have the Eclipse Tooling support
based on that release.

On 8/28/07, Chandrashekhar Jain <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> H all,
>
>     I am working on a defect related to Tuscany in Eclipse STP project.  This is relate to Tuscany SCA Java M2 build.
>
>  I am following the instructions in http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Tuscany/TuscanyJava/SCA_Java/GettingStarted
> ( Tuscany M2).  I am following the readme for the calculatorRMIService
> example ( after downloading the examples).  The intention of doing this
> is to understand how a rmi service example will run with Tuscany as of
> M2 build.  This would help me understand the use case in eclipse.
>
>     I am following the instructions in the section "Setting up Tuscany Standalone Runtime" for the calculatorRMIService
> example.  When i run mvn dependency:unpack, i get the following error :
>
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for 'dependency:unpack'
>
> [0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify the following:
>
> <configuration>
>   <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
> </configuration>.

> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
> Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin.
> Reason: Invalid or missing parameters: [Mojo parameter [name:
> 'artifactItems'; alias: 'null']] for mojo: org.apache
> .maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.0-alpha-5-SNAPSHOT:unpack
>         at
>  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
> ultLifecycleExecutor.java:568)
>
> Any reason why this maybe happening.
>
> regards,
> chandra