Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Greg Thoenen <gt...@infopia.com> on 2007/10/23 22:00:32 UTC

Maturity

Hi, all.

I'm currently evaluating web service frameworks that might provide our
web services on the server side.  CXF is a top contender, but I'm a
little confused about its maturity.  It is still in the Apache
incubator, however it has releases that appear to me to be "production"
releases (e.g. 2.0.1, as opposed to 2.0-MC1 or 2.0-RC1, etc.).

This leads me to some (related) questions:  Is CXF considered production
ready?  If so, is anyone using it in production systems, and what are
people's experiences regarding its production readiness?

An unrelated question that may be pretty ignorant (sorry) is why Apache
is sponsoring CXF rather than modifying the web service framework
(Axis2) that it already is invested in?  Was it deemed that it would
take more effort to modify Axis2 to support JAX-WS, etc., as to start
with XFire and do it?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Re: Maturity

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Greg,

There was a thread about this on TheServerSide this weekend.  I did reply
with the only information I'm allowed to provide.   :-(

http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=47448

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp