Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/12/20 14:04:53 UTC

WSDDService in IMessageData Interface

There are 2 public APIs in the IMessageData interface, getService() and
setService(), which use the WSDDService object. There is no public header
for the WSDDService so no methods can be called on the retrieved service
object and no new service object can be created. This means that all a
handler can do is get a service and set the same service without altering
it in any way.

My question is should these APIs be included in the interface? Or should
there be a public header to allow access to the WSDDService object? Are
there any usage scenarios as to why a WSDDService object should/could be
used in a handler?

Regards,

Andrew Perry
IBM C/C++ Web Services Client
perryan@uk.ibm.com
Mail Point 127
IBM UK Laboratories. Hursley Park, Winchester, Hants. SO21 2JN
Tel. Internal 249828  External + 44 (0)1962 819828
Fax. + 44(0)1962 818080

Re: WSDDService in IMessageData Interface

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Andrew Perry2 <PE...@uk.ibm.com>.

I raise a Jira on this, AXISCPP-285, back in November but have had no
response :-(