Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by timo13 <ti...@hdm-i.com> on 2008/06/02 14:45:26 UTC

Non gui way to record test plans

Hi guys,

I'm new to JMeter and want to use it to dynamically produce and run test
plans. To run existing test plans is no problem, either generating test
plans with the gui. But I want to use it in an (ant) script, so I need a way
to start and stop the recording from commandline. Is that possible? My task
is to produce test cases from the base of selenium tests, which are
continuous updated and I don't won't to start the gui manually every time a
change occurs.

Thank you in advance,

Timo

Re: Non gui way to record test plans

Posted by timo13 <ti...@hdm-i.com>.

>I would not use the word bad.

Sorry...

>I did not say it was not possible.

>But of course it would need to be coded and tested and documented.

>That's potentially a lot of work for what seems to me to be a fairly
>narrow user-base compared with other possible enhancements.

I think you're right ;)

>But feel free to create a Bugzilla enhancement request.
>If patches (code, test, docn) are provided then it will happen quicker.

I'll do so...

Thx

Re: Non gui way to record test plans

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/06/2008, timo13 <ti...@hdm-i.com> wrote:

>  > No, it's not possible.
>

> Hmmm... thats bad...

I would not use the word bad.

Posted by timo13 <ti...@hdm-i.com>.
> No, it's not possible.

Hmmm... thats bad... I mean, the functionality is already there... where is

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.