Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Antoine DESSAIGNE <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/19 14:43:41 UTC

Questions about the 1.6.0 release

Hello everybody,

I've just seen that the 1.6.0 release is out and it fixes a vulnerability
issue. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out which commit fixes it. Can
you help me? Thanks!

Also, by looking at the documentation, I saw that backslashes, semi-colons,
and non-ASCII characters in the URL are now rejecting the request by
default for security reasons. I'm failing to see how those characters
threaten Shiro. Maybe it's when Shiro is used with another library? Can you
help me with that too? Thank you very much!

Thanks a lot for your help on this matter. I need to be able to have
special characters in the URL (for a search query) and I want to be sure
that I'm not exposing myself to vulnerabilities.

Have a nice day,

Antoine

Re: Questions about the 1.6.0 release

Posted by Antoine DESSAIGNE <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Brian,

Thank you very much. Obviously I understand that you cannot disclose every
detail of this vulnerability.

Have a nice day,

Antoine

Posted by Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org>.