Posted to dev@yetus.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org> on 2022/12/15 18:35:12 UTC

[DRAFT] Board Report - December 2022

Let me know if I missed or goofed up anything. Have to get this one in quickly. :D

Thanks.

=======

Apache Yetus provides libraries and tools that enable contribution and
release processes for software projects.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Yetus was founded 2015-09-15 (7 years ago)
There are currently 12 committers and 9 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-12-17.
- No new committers. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-02-06.

## Project Activity:

Apache Yetus 0.14.1 was released on October 17, 2022 as a maintenance release
to 0.14.0 (released in May 2022). It primarily fixes critical bugs and some
updates to the binaries in the convenience Docker container.

Two points of future concerns that the project will likely need to tackle due
to outside forces:

* Release notes generation from git (and GitHub in particular) will likely
  need to get addressed now that more of the downstream projects are
  considering migrating away from JIRA-based issue tracking.  This feature has
  long been a wishlist item . . .

* GitHub is changing the versioning of their API to be calendar-based, with
  guarantees of at least 24-months of support.  Minimally, downstream users
  will likely have greater turnover.  Project may need to do more frequent
  releases.

## Community Health:
Project is still mature/stable with not a lot of activity.  This past quarter
reflects its typical "oh we should release" bumps, with smaller numbers than a
bigger release due to this being a maintenance release.

* 11 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (175% increase)
* 15 commits in the past quarter (275% increase)
* dev@yetus.apache.org had a 750% increase in traffic in the past quarter (17
  emails compared to 2)

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report - December 2022

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@apache.org>.
+1

Thank you, Allen!

Chris Nauroth