Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Yannick Charbonneau <yc...@uottawa.ca> on 2011/10/11 21:35:06 UTC

VCL Shibboleth

Hi All,

We have a testing vcl implementation up, we are currently trying to get it to authenticate using our shibboleth idp (simple, single idp).

I'm at the point now where I can pick Shibboleth, get redirected to our idp, but once I log in, I get redirected to the home of vcl as opposed to /vcl/shibbauth.

I manage to get to the right place if I play around with the actionurl, but then I always get;

You have attempted to log in to VCL using a Shibboleth
Identity Provider that VCL has not been configured to
work with. VCL administrators have been notified of the
problem.

What should I put in the URL field, I tried (without success);

https://myvcl.site.com/Shibboleth.sso/Login  (this one gets me back to the vcl home after successful logins, but NOT authenticated)
https://my.idp.site/idp/Login.jsp This one gives me the error above

Thank you,

Sorry if this is NOT the right place.

Regards

Yanik

Re: VCL Shibboleth

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@amherst.edu>.

You may also want to check the attribute-map.xml configuration on your SP.

eppn should be mapped in the default configuration, but some of the others (displayName, etc) may not be.

Aaron

Re: VCL Shibboleth

Posted by James O'Dell <jo...@fullerton.edu>.

To check your IdP's release policy
run aacli.sh on the IdP to see what attributes
your IdP is releasing. Then adjust attribute-filter.xml
if you need to

__Jim

On 10/11/2011 12:53 PM, Yannick Charbonneau wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply
>

> Figured the target right after I sent the email, I?ll add entidyid.
>

> I also think my idp is NOT returning all required values eppn,?,?,?
>

> Thanks again.
>

> Yanik

- --

RE: VCL Shibboleth