Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2022/02/23 17:37:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.37.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on release candidate #2 version 2.37.0, as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint 1D190C85 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.37.0-RC2" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.3.2 and OpenJDK 8u232.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.37.0 release to help with validation
[9].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [10].

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Brian

[1]
https://jira.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=projectId=12319527&version=12351168
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.37.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1253/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.37.0-RC2
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/623
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.37.0rc2/
[9]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1090588300
[10] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.37.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Niel Markwick <ni...@google.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

The severity is that any errors while reading data (which get ignored and
not even reported) would mean that only parts of the data is read, but the
pipeline succeeds anyway.
You could imagine a data export, either as a backup or as a data transfer
to an analytics tool like BigQuery where in fact only a partial export
occurs, so the resulting dataset is invalid, but the user would never know.

Thanks for performing the CP.

--
<https://cloud.google.com>
* •  **Niel Markwick*

Google Belgium NV/SA, Steenweg op Etterbeek 180, 1040 Brussel, Belgie.
RPR: 0878.065.378

If you have received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it
to anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information),
please erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let
the sender know it went to the wrong person. Thanks

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.
Good point. I'm going to go ahead and close this vote and get started on a
new RC.

I will also cherrypick the fixes for the Python 3.9 issue and Python AWS
client issue.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.
Thanks everyone!