Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/03/23 23:36:18 UTC

OpenJPA status report for the Apache Board

This is the OpenJPA status report for the board for the three month
period ending Mar 2007.

=== OpenJPA ===

OpenJPA made good progress this quarter in all areas. The project has
many active committers all driving toward improving functionality,
stability, performance, and usability.

OpenJPA has met all of the technical requirements for graduation from
incubation, and is now waiting for the community to feel ready. It is
not clear whether the destination should be a TLP or a sub-project of
another. This discussion has not been started yet. Well, I guess it
just has.

Development

Development continues on the 0.9.7 release, which will contain many
bug fixes and performance improvements. Kevin Sutter has been
volunteered to cut the release once we decide there is enough done on
the list.

The JSR 220 TCK was passed.

JIRA now contains numerous proposed bug fixes and feature
enhancements, tentatively assigned to release buckets.

Infrastructure

The project is running smoothly with all systems green.

Community

One new committer was added (Michael Dick).

Three new PPMC members were added (Kevin Sutter, Marc Prud'hommeaux,
and Abe White).

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PPMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo

Re: OpenJPA status report for the Apache Board

Posted by Bryan Noll <bw...@gmail.com>.
Craig...

I wanted to take a minute and thank you personally for putting this
report together.  I've been fairly absent from the project for the last
month or two (company I was at shut its doors so I had to start a new
gig and I'm finishing my basement at the same time), and would like to
ramp up on it a bit more as time allows.  At any rate, these types of
things are not trivial and definitely not glorious work, so thanks for
taking the time to throw it together.

--Bryan