Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by UserJMeter999 <us...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/08 15:44:06 UTC

HLS 2.0 simulate user behaviour for each media segment by waiting on each media segment

Using HLS plugin 2.0
If we add think time (Constant Timer) to blazemeter bzm - HLS Sampler it
just waits for sending first sampler only(80 seconds). It is not able to
simulate user watching video to send child media segments at intervals. I
have video with 15 media segments all 15 requests sent to server in less
than a minute by HLS sampler even though i have below configs on sampler.
But in real time it is not the case where user watching video. Browser sends
these 15 media segments at different intervals.

Test plan
bzm - HLS Sampler
Constant Timer = 80 seconds

Settings on HLS sampler
Duration = whole Video (actual duration of video is 4 mins)
bandwidth/Resolution = Minimum

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

Re: HLS 2.0 simulate user behaviour for each media segment by waiting on each media segment

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <pm...@apache.org>.
Hello,
This plugin is out of scope of JMeter project.

Regards

Posted by UBIK LOAD PACK Support <su...@ubikloadpack.com>.
Hello,
Did you try this plugin which is available for installation from
jmeter-plugins-manager ?

-
https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com/blog/easy-and-realistic-load-testing-of-http-live-streaming-hls-with-apache-jmeter/

Regards

On Wednesday, January 8, 2020, UserJMeter999 <us...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using HLS plugin 2.0
> If we add think time (Constant Timer) to blazemeter bzm - HLS Sampler it
> just waits for sending first sampler only(80 seconds). It is not able to
> simulate user watching video to send child media segments at intervals. I
> have video with 15 media segments all 15 requests sent to server in less
> than a minute by HLS sampler even though i have below configs on sampler.
> But in real time it is not the case where user watching video. Browser
> sends
> these 15 media segments at different intervals.
>
> Test plan
> bzm - HLS Sampler
> Constant Timer = 80 seconds
>
> Settings on HLS sampler
> Duration = whole Video (actual duration of video is 4 mins)
> bandwidth/Resolution = Minimum
>

> --
> Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

Regards
Ubik Load Pack <http://ubikloadpack.com> Team
Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Cordialement
L'équipe Ubik Load Pack <http://ubikloadpack.com>
Suivez-nous sur Twitter <http://twitter.com/ubikloadpack>

Re: HLS 2.0 simulate user behaviour for each media segment by waiting on each media segment

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
According to  Introducing the JMeter HLS Plugin 2.0
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/Introducing-the-HLS-Plugin-2.0/>   article:

> As expected, you asked and we listened! No longer do you have to wait
> until the full playlist is downloaded to see the result of each downloaded
> segment. To give you faster feedback on how your service is performing,
> the hierarchical structure has been removed, providing a way to see how
> the server is behaving in real time during the test execution.

So my expectation is that you see "future" information in the listeners
while the plugin is sending the requests in a browser-like manner. You can
compare the actual requests using a 3rd-party sniffer tool like  Wireshark
<https://www.wireshark.org/>

If there are inconsistencies you can report them via  JMeter Plugins Support
Forum <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/jmeter-plugins>   where you
can reach out to the plugin developers and community around the plugins.

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html