Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajani Karuturi <Ra...@citrix.com> on 2014/08/05 11:38:33 UTC

NO commits to master

I am creating a develop branch on the latest master commit cc725e53e304781148a6bf077e05d844fe88207c and will update in a minute.

please wait for my next mail and push all the commit to develop branch there after.

~Rajani

Re: NO commits to master

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <Ra...@citrix.com>.
we had enough time since the vote passed. But, I agree we should have decided on dates.

master/develop are in sync right now. So, it should be a simple branch switch to develop and push.
some automated things like jenkins may need changes. other than that, I don’t see any issues.

A git hook is a good idea to prevent accidental commits. If we can put that I think we are good.

~Rajani

Re: NO commits to master

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Rajani,

I think you did great work. The fact that more communication could
have helped is in no way on you. There is a wiki page with a proposal
that has been voted on. No -1!
Having said that let's put down a time line. One thing in there is, in
my opinion that as of now no one should commit to master without
having made a feature/bugfix branch first. Next we should put dates to
the branches we are ging to make. I don't think you should revert your
creation of the develop branch but it doesn't matter either way. 48
hours is fine. Let's put a date to the 4.4 branch as well.

Daan

--
Daan

Re: NO commits to master