Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Satish Jeejula <Je...@ia.com> on 2002/03/05 17:34:23 UTC

Poolman Setup with Struts under tomcat 3.3

Hello All,

I am try to use poolman with struts under tomcat 3.3. I placed poolman.xml
in the web-inf\classes directory and removed the datasource tag from
struts-config.xml.

But it is throwing following error...

java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool:
java.sql.SQLException:
 Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
params: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,
jdbc:oracle:thin:@216.136.75.139:1521:proddb.

But if I put the datasource tag back in struts-config.xml .. it works fine.
But I am not sure which connection pooling (Poolman or Struts) it is using
when I say getConnection() in my code.

Do I have to place the datasource tag also along with poolman.xml???

It is very urgent for me to solve this problem.

Any help is appreciated ... thanks

Satish

Re: Poolman Setup with Struts under tomcat 3.3

Posted by Jin Bal <ji...@hotmail.com>.
You're probably already doing but  just in case:

when you get your datasource use the static method in the PoolMan class
(PoolMan.findDataSource)
This will return you a datasource from poolman.
The fact that it works when you put the datasource tag back in the struts
config xml suggests that it is still trying to us the struts datasource
object (actionservlet.findDataSource i think).

HTH

Jin

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>