Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Paul DuBois <pa...@snake.net> on 2001/12/17 02:51:52 UTC

JSTL doc inconsistency, and a question

The inconsistency:

The JSTL docs for the sql tags seem to be inconsistent about the
specification of attributes for the <sql:driver> tag.  In some cases
the URL attribute is called "url", in other places it's call "jdbcURL".
(The latter appears to be correct.)

Also, a question. The SQL tag documentation says:

>All parameters, except for "password", can be specified via an action
>attribute or a context init parameter (see below). Action attributes
>take precedence over context init parameters. The password configuration
>parameter can only be specified via a context init parameter to prevent
>situations where sensitive information would be hard coded in a JSP
>page.
>
>The context init parameters are:
>
>*	javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.driver.driver
>*	javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.driver.url
>*	javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.driver.user
>*	javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.driver.password

I wouldn't mind seeing an example of how you set up and reference these
context init params from within a JSP page/JSTL tags.  I'm assuming
you set them up as <context-param> entries in WEB-INF/web.xml
but after grepping through the standard-examples application it's
not clear to me from the docs whether that's really so or the intended
syntax for accessing them.
Thanks.

Re: JSTL doc inconsistency, and a question

Posted by horwat <Ju...@Sun.com>.
Good catch! The documentation has changed recently and the context init
parameters should be:

* javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.driver
* javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.url
* javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.user
* javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.password

I've updated the implementation and the documentation to reflect the latest
context init params. Here's an example of how you can set the params:

    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.user</param-name>
        <param-value>someusername</param-value>
    </context-param>
    <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.password</param-name>
        <param-value>someuserpassword</param-value>
    </context-param>

Justy

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>