Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Bernard Lavallee <la...@VSAC.org> on 2006/06/14 14:27:19 UTC

Not able to access metadata through Ibatis

I've been trying to query a DB2 database for column names using the
following:

             Select COLUMN_NAME from QSYS2.COLUMNS WHERE (TABLE_NAME =3D

 'VART00P') AND (TABLE_SCHEMA =3D 'GSIS')

             Or

             SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE
(TABLE_NAME =3D 'VART00P') AND (TABLE_SCHEMA =3D 'GSIS')

It seems to balk at the .COLUMNS piece by saying it's not valid. Perhaps
the fact that these are all views rather than physical tables is the
issue but I'm not sure. The above SQL works in the SQL client software I
use on my desktop such as Squirrel and DBVisualizer. Any thoughts????

Bernie Lavallee

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may include privileged or otherwise confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Not able to access metadata through Ibatis

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.
Hmm, I have never had a case where using the same connection string in
ibatis and in squirrel made the queries work differently..are you
connecting as the same user nad everything? ..because that should
work.

Larry