Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/24 21:28:15 UTC

Ivy with Nexus

I seem to recall somebody posting something about
writing an Ivy-with-Nexus tutorial... did that ever
come to fruition?  Is anybody else using this
combination successfully?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Ivy with Nexus

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Gregoire Henry <gh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have the same question ... plus
>
> I 'm trying to have a local nexus server (...) for our binaries repos,
> but it seems that nexus will only recognize artifact published with a
> pom (ok it's a Maven tools after all) ..
>
> So my questions are  :
> - if we want to use nexus, should we add a pom with each artifact ?
> - if I publish alongside ivy files and pom , does Ivy use  ivy files
> or pom to retrieve dependencies, knowing that ivy files are much
> precise for dependencies management  ?
> - we don't use Maven .. only Ivy + Ant or Gant .. is that a problem
> for use of nexus ?
>
> And last (but not least) , i've seen in Nexus Home that Nexus can be
> plugged with specific repository managers (only Maven repos for now )
> , does someone heard about
> an Ivy repository plugin for Nexus ?
>
> Hope to have some answers ...

I don't know Nexus well enough to say what can be achieved with it for Ivy
repository management. There's definitly a place for a repository manager
supporting Ivy out of the box. I hope the community will come out with a
solution!

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Re: Ivy with Nexus

Posted by Gregoire Henry <gh...@gmail.com>.

RE: Ivy with Nexus

Posted by "Becheanu, Daniel" <db...@cars.com>.
To be more verbose
Add a new resolver
<ivysettings>
        <resolvers>
                <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true" root="${ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root}"/>
        </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

And use ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root to point to correct repository ( your nexus repository)

<ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true" root="${ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root}"/> and have your ivy.ibiblio.default.artifact.root pointing to your nexus machine.

Daniel

RE: Ivy with Nexus

Posted by "Becheanu, Daniel" <db...@cars.com>.
Integration works fine.