Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Walter Holladay <wa...@imall.com> on 2001/01/09 22:47:14 UTC

Does struts work with jdk 1.3?

I am trying to use struts 0.5, resin 1.2.1, and jdk 1.3. However, I keep
getting a ClassNotFoundException for org.apache.struts.example.User. If
I use jdk 1.2.1 it works. Why would this be?

Walter

Re: Does struts work with jdk 1.3?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Ted Husted wrote:

> On 1/10/2001 at 8:05 AM Timur Mehrvarz wrote:
> >Where can I find a list of all changes in Struts since 0.5?
>
> The best way is to download the latest nightly build, install the
> struts-documentation application, and check the Release Notes.

True ... but, unfortunately, I haven't been keeping the release notes totally up
to date for the last few weeks (since the last commit on src/doc/release.xml).
One of the pre-release projects yet to be done is going back through the CVS
commit notices since then, and highlighting significant changes.

Ted, if you have kept your CVS commit messages archived, that would be a really
useful thing to look at doing, if you're interested.

Craig

Re: Does struts work with jdk 1.3?

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
On 1/10/2001 at 8:05 AM Timur Mehrvarz wrote:
>Where can I find a list of all changes in Struts since 0.5?

The best way is to download the latest nightly build, install the
struts-documentation application, and check the Release Notes.

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/

Re: Does struts work with jdk 1.3?

Posted by William Jaynes <wj...@mediaone.net>.
I use a December Struts nightly build with Java 1.3 and Tomcat 3.2. No problems.

You can check the 1.0 release notes on the Struts site. Those include the major
changes. But there are so many changes I'll bet there isn't any complete list of
them, other than in the source code and the CVS logs.

Where can I find a list of all changes in Struts since 0.5?
Are there any problems known running Struts with Java 1.3 and Tomcat
3.2?
Regards.

Posted by Timur Mehrvarz <ti...@d2mannesmann.de>.

Posted by "Steven D. Wilkinson" <st...@acm.org>.