Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2003/09/03 23:34:28 UTC

[collections] 3.0 release (1)

I am volunteering to arrange the 3.0 release of [collections], which is long
overdue.

I am currently:
- finishing the ObservedCollection code
- writing release notes
- trying to separate the primitive collections code
- rename SequencedSet to OrderedSet
- reviewing the bugzilla entries

Other tasks:
- write OrderedMap decorator (Hen)
- review Bag interface where it deviates from Collection
- see if MultiMap code on bugzilla can be integrated

Henri has volunteered to do the actual final builds and release to
Minatour/Mirrors, but (unless someone objects) I will manage the release.

Stephen

Re: [collections] Observed

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> How useful are these convenience methods? I added them, then removed them.
> Trouble is that not every handler will necessarily use listeners (although
> most will).

It seems to me that the Handler is more an artifact of designing
flexibility into the implementation than something that a client (in most
cases) wants to concern themselves with.

You raise a good exception though.

   michael

Re: [collections] Observed

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.

Re: [collections] Observed

From: "Michael Heuer" <he...@acm.org>

Re: [collections] Observed

From: "Michael Heuer" <he...@acm.org>

Re: [collections] 3.0 release (1)

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.
Hello Stephen,

Re: [collections] 3.0 release (1)

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> - OrderedMap decorator?

Have begun work on this. I'll go ahead and check in where I am at the
moment, with some nice big comments saying it's unfinished, but passing
unit tests. [mainly because the unit tests are very basic at the moment].

Hen

Re: [collections] 3.0 release (1)

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Re: [collections] 3.0 release (1)