Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrew Nagy <an...@villanova.edu> on 2006/12/11 17:58:24 UTC

multiple collections

I was wondering how I might create multiple collections that have
different field sets under solr.  Would I have to have multiple
implementations of solr running, or can I have more than one schema.xml
file per "collection" ?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: multiple collections

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: different field sets under solr.  Would I have to have multiple
: implementations of solr running, or can I have more than one schema.xml
: file per "collection" ?

currently the only supported way to do this is run multiple isntances of
the solr.war ... if you look at the various container specific wiki pages,
they each have information on how to run "Multiple Solr Webapps" in a
single container instance...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/?action=fullsearch&value=Multiple+Solr+Webapps&fullsearch=Text

-Hoss