Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2018/03/19 20:16:31 UTC

How to deactivate the annoying javadoc generation

Hi,

I try to cut the new release but I have to stop at a certain point.

I've to use a more recent JDK (1.8.0_111) to build as older (1.7.x) ones fail to
download some of the testfiles (SSL certificate errors). But the build doesn't
stop throwing errors at me when creating javadocs. I've tried to deactivate it
by using -Dmaven.javadoc.skip=true and/or -Dmaven.javadoc.failOnError=false
neither works.

Any idea on how to proceed without that annoying javadoc stuff?

Andreas

Re: How to deactivate the annoying javadoc generation

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
I used mvn javadoc:aggregate -DadditionalJOption=-Xdoclint:none

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
On 03/19/2018 10:14 PM, Andreas Lehmkuehler wrote:
> On 03/19/2018 09:40 PM, Maruan Sahyoun wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> you can try passing -DadditionalJOption=-Xdoclint:none
> Thanks, but that doesn't work for me either. BTW I'm running the following
>
> mvn release:prepareĀ  -Darguments="-DdryRun=true -DadditionalJOption=-Xdoclint:none"
>

> Maybe you are doing something different.
>
> However, I'm going to proceed tomorrow, it's time to get a nap

The release plugin seems to be the culprit here. I have had to pass the
parameter by setting the MAVEN_OPTS env variable to disable the javadoc generation.

Thanks for your support

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
I just saw now what happened, I tried a javadoc build... the warnings
are harmless, only the errors need to be fixed (I did that for the trunk
some time ago after a complaint).

Tilman