Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/06/19 12:09:19 UTC

uima-as testing

After running some tests on uima-as on a clean windows machine, I
connected a jmx console to the broker and watched it "idle" (i.e., no
uima activity was running) for several hours, overnight, and can see
there is no memory leaks.  There is some behavior that I don't
understand, though - I'm wondering if anyone has delved into this and
can explain what these screen shots show (this is the first time I've
attempted to paste screen shots into mail to the dev list - so apologies
if these don't come thru - we'll see).

First - the vm-args seem to indicate that maybe Derby is being used -
not sure - but I had thought derby was 'disabled' by our default
configuration?

Then, here are some JMX Summary screens, over 3 time spans - a few
minutes, an hour, and overnight.  The memory used drops after maybe
about 1/2 an hour, coincident with some classes being unloaded.  The
number of live threads goes up and down on a regular basis.

-Marshall

Re: uima-as testing

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Derby is not being used with the default configuration; at least I have
deleted the derby jar file and run with no problem. The JVM parameter is
just specifying where derby should write files, if it happens to be called.

The JMX figures look like EEG scans of an AMQ broker in dream state :)

Eddie

Re: uima-as testing

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Re: uima-as testing