Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roopa Rao <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/04 15:24:01 UTC

Re: Learning to Rank (LTR) with grouping

Hi,

Any guidance on this would be helpful.

Thank you,
Roopa

Posted by Roopa Rao <ro...@gmail.com>.
Solution that I implemented currently is:
Since we have a web application which takes the solr results and display in
the UI and I need LTR enabled for only one of the group,
I am executing two parallel queries to Solr from web app.
1st query Get grouped results without LTR
2nd query Get results with no grouping + LTR
Merge 1) & 2) in web app.
Doing a performance test now. Since there are only 10 results for these
queries and the queries are executed in parallel, I don't foresee any
problems.

Thanks!
Roopa