Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/05/12 11:33:27 UTC

Inventory transfer in OFBiz

Hello All,

While doing inventory transfer, it creates a new *InventoryItem* record in
which *transferred quantity* is reflected in *ATP* and *QOH* if this
facility/inventory transfer is in *Completed *status*, *otherwise
transferred quantity is reflected in *QOH* and *ATP* will be ZERO (as the
transfer is not completed yet).

First Que: Does this *QOH* needs to be updated at this time or after
successful inventory transfer i.e. at the time when *ATP* increased.

Now when we transfer inventory, the *accountingQuantityTotal* field of
*InventoryItem* entity is always ZERO. There is no reflection of *ATP*/*QOH* in
*accountingQuantityTotal*.

Please suggest, am I doing something wrong or is it a flaw/Gap in the
current system.

Thanks & Regards
--
Vaibhav Jain
Hotwax Systems,

Re: Inventory transfer in OFBiz

Posted by Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
> Hello All,
>
> While doing inventory transfer, it creates a new *InventoryItem* record
> in which *transferred quantity* is reflected in *ATP* and *QOH* if this
> facility/inventory transfer is in *Completed *status*, *otherwise
> transferred quantity is reflected in *QOH* and *ATP* will be ZERO (as the
> transfer is not completed yet).
>
> First Que: Does this *QOH* needs to be updated at this time or after
> successful inventory transfer i.e. at the time when *ATP* increased.

  I did findings and found that the system is working fine in the case of
updated QOH.

   1.   Requested :-
   a) In requested status ATP and QOH of *From Facility/From Location *is
   decresed by *xferQuantity *and *QOH* of *To Facility/To location *is
   increasesd by xferQunatity. This QOH is keeping the record of xferQuantity
   for further.
   b) Inventory valuation will also working fine as AQT is not affected and
   inventory valuation is done by AQT.
   c) When status transfer inventory is changed from requested -> Completed
   then ATP is increased equal to QOH for respective inventory item record.
   d) If transfer inventory item is cancelled then trasfer is cancelled but
   system generate a new inventory item record with *From Facility/From
   location *and xferQuantity.So it is also fine.

> Now when we transfer inventory, the *accountingQuantityTotal* field of
> *InventoryItem* entity is always ZERO. There is no reflection of *ATP*/
> *QOH* in *accountingQuantityTotal*.

I did findings on this one then found that it is a bug in the current
system. When we transfer inventory from one facility to another facility
then *accounting quantity transfer* will not affect. This will create
following issues in the system.

   1. *Accounting quantity total *will mismatch with the original quantity
   in the facility which shows wrong result when we calculate facility
   specific inventory valuation.
   2. Inventory reservation also throws an error in some specific case like
   when AQT of respective product is zero in the specific facility from when
   reservation happens.

I am raising an issue for that on JEERA.Here is the referance for that