Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 09:14:42 UTC

Rel 1.2 RC2 tests

Hi,.

I'm currently testing the stax deplyoment.

I'll be testing each day a little bit.

Instead of random tests, I'm trying to test the complete functionality
as good as possible.

I'll be documenting my tests, so other community members know what has
been tested.

Others should document their tests as well, so that we have a basic
release test plan that we can use for future releases:

D.

---------------------
Browser Chrome

1. Opened ESME (http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/)
in a incognito window
2. Create new user via sign-up page
3. Created message "Test #Retz @h" from main page
4. Clicked @h link
5. Page to main page via "Home" link
6. Clicked on #Retz link
7. Clicked on "test12rc2"
8. Clicked on "Streams" page
9. Created message "Streams message"
10. Returned to main page via click on ESME icon
11. Clicked on public link
12. Clicked on "My Profile" link
13. Changed first name, last name
14. Clicked on "My Tracks"
15. Added Track for "Frog"
16. Opened ESME in another browser (IE) with another user
17. Added message "Frog track test"
18. Checked in Chrome whether message from IE user appears
19. Set Frog track to "inactive"
20. In IE - added new message "Frog track test-inactive"
21. Check in Chrome whether message "Frog track test-inactive" appears
22. Delete track "Frog"
20. In IE - added new message "Frog track test-deleted"
21. Check in Chrome whether message "Frog track test-deleted" appears
22. Added Track for "Frog"
20. In IE - added new message "Frog track in pool" in a pool in which
the Chrome user is not a member
21. In IE added Chrome user to the pool
22. In IE - added new message "Frog in pool with Chrome user included"
in a pool in which the Chrome user is a member

Re: Rel 1.2 RC2 tests

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
The null tag is from the old IE JS error - I also noticed it.

Creating the release now - I always forget how to do this - we need to
release more often. ;->

D.

Re: Rel 1.2 RC2 tests

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.