Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steven Manross <st...@manross.net> on 2006/01/09 17:10:08 UTC

updating WIKI -- InstallingOnWindows

Would anyone with access update the WIKI for Windows, please?

Namely,

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/InstallingOnWindows

90% of the way down...  (the following command throws errors -- %%f was
unexpected at this time)

for %%f in (*.*) do call pod2html %%f --outfile
\perl\html\site\lib\mail\spamassassin\plugins\%%f.html --quiet

s/b

for %f in (*.*) do call pod2html %f --outfile
\perl\html\site\lib\mail\spamassassin\plugins\%f.html --quiet

(tested on Windows 2000 and 2003)

Other than that, the WIKI is very good as I just used it to install SA
on a system here last night (and obviously this is for plugin
documentation only).

Thanks,
Steven

Re: updating WIKI -- InstallingOnWindows

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.
Steven Manross skrev:
> 90% of the way down...  (the following command throws errors -- %%f was
> unexpected at this time)
>
> for %%f in (*.*) do call pod2html %%f --outfile
> \perl\html\site\lib\mail\spamassassin\plugins\%%f.html --quiet
>
> s/b
>
> for %f in (*.*) do call pod2html %f --outfile
> \perl\html\site\lib\mail\spamassassin\plugins\%f.html --quiet

You use %%f in batch files, %f on the command line.

--
Magnus Holmgren

RE: updating WIKI -- InstallingOnWindows

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.
> Would anyone with access update the WIKI for Windows, please?

As noted before, ANYONE can sign up and update the wiki. It's community
documentation and being part of the community helps it to stay accurate.
But...

> Namely,
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/InstallingOnWindows
>
> 90% of the way down...  (the following command throws errors
> -- %%f was unexpected at this time)
>
> for %%f in (*.*) do call pod2html %%f --outfile
> \perl\html\site\lib\mail\spamassassin\plugins\%%f.html --quiet
>
> s/b
>
> for %f in (*.*) do call pod2html %f --outfile
> \perl\html\site\lib\mail\spamassassin\plugins\%f.html --quiet
>
> (tested on Windows 2000 and 2003)

Your update would be correct if you entered the commands directly from
the command prompt. But if you followed the instructions at the top to
"Make a batch file out of the following code..." then the wiki is
already correct. It's a lot of commands in a row to ask someone to run
the entire set from the command line without making a batch file first.
Plus, making the batch file makes it much easier to spot and correct
errors and then re-paste the batch file code into the wiki.

Bret