Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Bisonti Mario <Ma...@vimar.com> on 2014/09/18 11:40:26 UTC

List of file to index or remove to Solr

Hallo.

Scenario:

I would like to index a list of file for example:
http://aaa.bb.com/ccc/folder1/doc1.pdf
http://aaa.bb.com/ccc/folder1/doc2.pdf
http://aaa.bb.com/ccc/folder1/doc3.pdf

At another day, it could be that I want to remove from indexing for example
http://aaa.bb.com/ccc/folder1/doc2.pdf
and add
http://aaa.bb.com/ccc/folder1/doc4.pdf
How could I do this?
Could I do this by means of an xml file to instruct Solr on the action to execute (add/delete) and the list of files?
ManifoldCF read the xml and make the action ?
Generic connector to an xml file with entrypoint action?
API ?
Could you help me?
I am a little bit confused on it..
Thanks a lot.

Mario

Re: List of file to index or remove to Solr

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mario,

ManifoldCF is a synchronizer, not a crawler.  It does what you ask
automatically, including the deletions.

Karl

R: List of file to index or remove to Solr

Posted by Bisonti Mario <Ma...@vimar.com>.
Yes, you understood.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mario,