Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter <pe...@easyspeedy.com> on 2004/05/13 19:58:17 UTC

cocoon 2.1.5 cannot find classes located outside cocoon dir. struct.

Hi,

I am running cocoon together with jboss 3.2.3, (servlet 2.3 web container).

My Cocoon implementation must access jar (eXist xmldb) which are located
outside the Cocoons directory structure.

How can I force Cocoon to accept this other location for the jar
(exist-optional.jar) ?

I have tried folowing parameters in web.xml to get cocoon loading the jar:

<init-param>
            <param-name>load-class</param-name>
            <param-value>
                 org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator
            </param-value>
        </init-param>
and
	<init-param>
                  <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
                  <param-value>../../lib/exist-optional.jar
                  </param-value>
        </init-param>

I have also tried to add the jar to the CLASSPATH env. var. and the
JBOSS_CLASSPATH.

But it doesn't seams to change anything.

The line in the sitemap which fails look like this:
<map:generator name="xquery" logger="sitemap.generator.xquery"
src="org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator"/>

Has is something to do with the late loading of this jar as it is only being
called by the sitemap.xmap file. ?

Jars specified in the cocoon.xconf file has no problem in being located
outside Cocoon's dir struct.

I have this setting in web.xml

 <init-param>
            <param-name>init-classloader</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>

which should disable the paranoid setting.
--
 Yours sincerely

Peter
http://easyspeedy.com

Re: cocoon 2.1.5 cannot find classes located outside cocoon dir. struct.

Posted by Peter Lerche <pe...@easyspeedy.com>.
Hi again,

OK I have digged deeper into the problem.

I have a 3part. generator declared in my sitemap.xmap file. It is not an
option for me to have this generators jar located in WEB-INF/lib or in the
classes dir. This generator jar MUST be located outside the Cocoon dir
structure. How do I do that. As mentioned in my latest post I have tried to
include the generator jar in the CLASSPATH, and the web.xml file but with no
luck.

Please any hint, idea, suggestion, class changes .....

Thanks
Peter
http://easyspeedy.com

On Thursday 13 May 2004 19:58, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running cocoon together with jboss 3.2.3, (servlet 2.3 web container).
>
> My Cocoon implementation must access jar (eXist xmldb) which are located
> outside the Cocoons directory structure.
>
> How can I force Cocoon to accept this other location for the jar
> (exist-optional.jar) ?
>

> I have tried folowing parameters in web.xml to get cocoon loading the jar:
>
> <init-param>
>             <param-name>load-class</param-name>
>             <param-value>
>                  org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator
>             </param-value>
>         </init-param>
> and
> 	<init-param>
>                   <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
>                   <param-value>../../lib/exist-optional.jar
>                   </param-value>
>         </init-param>
>
> I have also tried to add the jar to the CLASSPATH env. var. and the
> JBOSS_CLASSPATH.
>
> But it doesn't seams to change anything.
>

> The line in the sitemap which fails look like this:
> <map:generator name="xquery" logger="sitemap.generator.xquery"
> src="org.exist.cocoon.XQueryGenerator"/>
>
> Has is something to do with the late loading of this jar as it is only
> being called by the sitemap.xmap file. ?
>
> Jars specified in the cocoon.xconf file has no problem in being located
> outside Cocoon's dir struct.
>
> I have this setting in web.xml
>
>  <init-param>
>             <param-name>init-classloader</param-name>
>             <param-value>false</param-value>
>         </init-param>
>
> which should disable the paranoid setting.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Yours sincerely

Peter Lerche
http://easyspeedy.com