Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Prentice Bisbal <pr...@rutgers.edu> on 2016/02/05 16:26:06 UTC

Question about HDFS

We had a CDH 4 cluster here that I upgraded to CDH5, where we were using
HDFS on top of Lustre, set up like you would for NFS, where each Name
node and  data node is writing it's data to a separate sub directory on
Lustre. Now that I've upgraded all the node to CDH5, is it possible to
point the new nodes at the old HDFS directories to retrieve data from
that CDH4 HDFS filesystem? I used a new location for the location of the
HDFS dirs on the CDH5 system, so the old HDFS data hasn't been touched.

--
Prentice