Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/22 13:03:23 UTC

Aries samples

Hi

I've just raised ARIES-90 to cover the creation of a samples module.
Initially I'd like to move the hello-world sample code out of the
blueprint module and into 'samples'. The main idea of the main idea of
the 'samples' module is to help people who are consuming Aries code by
providing examples of how to use it, however it also occurs to me that
we could use the samples to test with as well.

Zoe

Re: Aries samples

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Timothy Ward wrote:
> +1 from me too - we obviously need samples.
>
> Will ARIES-90 also cover describing the samples on the Aries incubator site, or will that be a separate item?

Separate items..... ARIES-90 was just meant to cover creating the
project and my moving the blueprint hw sample to it. I should get that
done this afternoon. I wrote a tutorial for the blueprint sample (which
I will have to update now) and was planning to write more for any other
samples. Will tutorials be enough? Or do we need a home for samples
documentation? I think they are all separate jiras.

RE: Aries samples

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@hotmail.com>.

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/

Re: Aries samples

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: Aries samples

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.
davidb@apache.org wrote:
> Are you also thinking about samples that cross components? Like a
> sample webapp that uses JPA with transactions developed using
> Blueprint?

Yes - I was. I was also think that it might be a good idea to provide an
'assembly' with each sample, so that we use maven to go off and get the
packages from felix or eclipse or wherever that the samples need to run.
I'm just trying to do this for the blueprint hello world sample and will
check it in when I have got it working.
> +1 BTW!
>
> David
>
> 2009/12/22 zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've just raised ARIES-90 to cover the creation of a samples module.
>> Initially I'd like to move the hello-world sample code out of the blueprint
>> module and into 'samples'. The main idea of the main idea of the 'samples'
>> module is to help people who are consuming Aries code by providing examples
>> of how to use it, however it also occurs to me that we could use the samples
>> to test with as well.
>>

>> Zoe

Re: Aries samples

Posted by da...@apache.org.