Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2017/09/12 07:52:43 UTC

"If Mifos I/O was always intended for Apache Fineract, why wasn't it part of the project from its inception?"

Hey all,

At their last meeting, the board asked us why Mifos I/O wasn't part of
the project from its inception. I'm not sure yet whether the answer is
due for their September or their October meeting, but I've started
work on the answer now under our October Report template:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/2017-10+October+Report

This response covers the entire history of Mifos I/O, and so is
probably interesting for everyone apart from the questions of project
governance.

I welcome feedback and questions.  And anyone contributing to the
project should also consider whether they have something to add to the
report.

Best Regards,
Myrle Krantz
Major Contributor to Mifos I/O

(Greg, I've cc'ed you because my answer to the question mentions you
in passing.)