Posted to user@hive.apache.org by DU DU <wi...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/09 20:45:30 UTC

Create Index Error in Hive 1.0.0

Hi folks,
I got following errors in Hive 1.0.0. However, I can run them successfully
in Hive 0.13.0 and 0.14.0. Is this a big? Are there any workaround?

--Create Index in either type COMPACT or BITMAP does not work
CREATE INDEX idx_id_employee_id
ON TABLE employee_id (employee_id)
AS 'COMPACT'
WITH DEFERRED REBUILD;

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Index idx_id_employee_id
already exists on table default.employee_id

Thanks,
Will

Re: Create Index Error in Hive 1.0.0

Posted by DU DU <wi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, the exception is actually as follows.
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Table not found
default__employee_id_idx_id_employee_id__

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 2:45 PM, DU DU <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I got following errors in Hive 1.0.0. However, I can run them successfully
> in Hive 0.13.0 and 0.14.0. Is this a big? Are there any workaround?
>
> --Create Index in either type COMPACT or BITMAP does not work
> CREATE INDEX idx_id_employee_id
> ON TABLE employee_id (employee_id)
> AS 'COMPACT'
> WITH DEFERRED REBUILD;

> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: Index idx_id_employee_id
> already exists on table default.employee_id
>
> Thanks,
> Will

Dayong