Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Cameron Smith <ca...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/04/12 22:43:10 UTC

Calling OFBiz from .NET

On a different note, I think I have finally cracked this "old chestnut".  I had another stab at it after a recent post by Marina (thanks Marina) about using the RPC style attribute.

In fact, it turned out not to be so simple, as .NET explicitly doesn't support wrapped response params for RPC style messages.  And for Document style, the attribute to tell it where to look for the response wrapper doesn't appear to work.  Plus, the .NET-generated code has a large amount of unecessary tripe.

So I ended up rolling my own in .NET/C#, turned out to be fairly simple.   I didn't have to alter OFBiz /at all/ for basic non-authenticated service calling, including for passing back list and map params.

However, for authenticated services, I added a token-passing scheme to SOAPEventHandler.  However this is a very much an optional extra.   On first tests over a 100Mb LAN it does not appear to be noticeable slower than calling a remote database.  However I haven't done systematic performance tests yet.

Anyway, we are still running some last tests, but if there is a level of interest in the community I will write up a tutorial on the Wiki over the next few weeks.

cameron

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Re: Calling OFBiz from .NET

Posted by Songjae Han <so...@gmail.com>.
Cameron Smith wrote:
> On a different note, I think I have finally cracked this "old chestnut".  I had another stab at it after a recent post by Marina (thanks Marina) about using the RPC style attribute.
>
> In fact, it turned out not to be so simple, as .NET explicitly doesn't support wrapped response params for RPC style messages.  And for Document style, the attribute to tell it where to look for the response wrapper doesn't appear to work.  Plus, the .NET-generated code has a large amount of unecessary tripe.
>
> So I ended up rolling my own in .NET/C#, turned out to be fairly simple.   I didn't have to alter OFBiz /at all/ for basic non-authenticated service calling, including for passing back list and map params.
>
> However, for authenticated services, I added a token-passing scheme to SOAPEventHandler.  However this is a very much an optional extra.   On first tests over a 100Mb LAN it does not appear to be noticeable slower than calling a remote database.  However I haven't done systematic performance tests yet.
>
> Anyway, we are still running some last tests, but if there is a level of interest in the community I will write up a tutorial on the Wiki over the next few weeks.
>
> cameron

> Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it
> now.
> http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/

Hi Cameron,

I'm also interested in using .Net as front-end for OFBiz.  If you could
share your experience, that will be great.

thanks,
Jae