Posted to user@commons.apache.org by LUIS MONTAÑEZ <lm...@intercable.net.ve> on 2005/01/19 23:58:29 UTC

[logging] problem with OC4J ORACLE

greetings

somebody have used commons loggins with OC4J (ORACLE IAS).
I have problem, because i am following the step for the
configuration and this not work, i mean, commons loggin
don´t write into the log file, BUT this does not throw any
exception....

OC4J has any special configuration that i have take care?

any idea

Best

Re: [logging] problem with OC4J ORACLE

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi luis

JCL is a thin bridging API: it doesn't do any real logging itself
(except when really forced to ;). the actual writing to file is done by
the underlying logging system and that's what you need to configure
correctly so that it write to file. see the documentation on the
website for more details (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/).

- robert