Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Obiajulu Odu <Ob...@ub.uit.no> on 2002/09/13 11:24:18 UTC

[users@httpd] Access_log

hi,

I installed Apache 1.3  on Solaris 8,   but I discovered that Apache stores
only three days infomation on access_log file. The infomation about fourth
day earlier and above are deleted.  I have no program that periodically
creates a new log file and I have not edited httpd.conf file to include the
TransferLog directive.

My httpd.conf   looks like this: CustomLog /www/logs/access_log common

What is wrong here? I need help.

Thanks in advance

- Obi

Re: [users@httpd] Access_log

Posted by Grant Cooper <gr...@nucleus.com>.
Just out of curiousity. From this book I am reading about apache it says you
need 10 Meg/sec to have a properly running server that gets large amounts of
hits per day.

How many concurrent users can one have on a DSL connection with out lossing
performance. Only about 500Kb / sec. I am using a pent 200 with 128 megs of
ram.