Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/06/18 16:55:16 UTC

Banners

Hi,

I got my first submission now for the contest. Entries will appear here
http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/ if you want to have a look
at them. As we said, we will discuss these when the deadline ends, ie. July
1st, unless you have any comments before then.

Jonathan, maybe you could try and mail Michael Demers and ask if he wants
to help out in this "contest"?

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Banners

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 17:39 18.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I got my first submission now for the contest. Entries will appear
>>> here http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/ if you want to
>>> have a look at them. As we said, we will discuss these when the
>>> deadline ends, ie. July 1st, unless you have any comments before then.
>>

>> doh! I think we need to add a requirement that animated gifs will
>> start with the main (last?) frame. I've animated gifs disabled, in a
>> sense that it shows only the first frame here:
>> http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/mike_walker.gif
>> not very exciting.
>>
>> I'm sure many others have this disabled too.
>

> Starting with the last frame kind of beats the principle with animated
> banners, huh?

Not if they rotate all the time. Usually you miss the first frames anyway.

> If you have disabled animated gifs, then you are aware of
> the costs of that. I don't see any way we could satisfactorily work
> around it.

never mind then.

Re: Banners

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 17:39 18.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I got my first submission now for the contest. Entries will appear here
>>http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/ if you want to have a
>>look at them. As we said, we will discuss these when the deadline ends,
>>ie. July 1st, unless you have any comments before then.
>
>doh! I think we need to add a requirement that animated gifs will start
>with the main (last?) frame. I've animated gifs disabled, in a sense that
>it shows only the first frame here:
>http://www.apache.org/~pereinar/banner-contest/mike_walker.gif
>not very exciting.
>
>I'm sure many others have this disabled too.

Starting with the last frame kind of beats the principle with animated
banners, huh? If you have disabled animated gifs, then you are aware of the

Re: Banners

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.