Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2012/10/21 00:34:19 UTC

Jenkins builds

So for once instead of random and otherwise impossible to reproduce unit test failures I noticed an explicit mention of low PermGen memory. So I set these Maven args for the build:

-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

That fixed 3.1 build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne-31/23/
But not 3.2: https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne-trunk/776/

I also suspect that enabling "Use private Maven repository" should help with another common class of problems (but not the one at hand for 3.2), but figured we'll wait till the next relevant failure before changing this config.

Andrus

RE: Jenkins builds

Posted by "Durchholz, Joachim" <Jo...@hennig-fahrzeugteile.de>.
> Will need to test the performance of such remote setup though.

It would be an interesting data point in itself whether such a setup would be fast or slow.

Re: Jenkins builds

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
The DB's that we'd like to test with are MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL (express edition will work) and Oracle. Maybe also some version of DB2. If Apache can't provide the servers for these, maybe we'll host them outside on the cloud somewhere and start/stop OS images on demand. Will need to test the performance of such remote setup though.

Not as important as the site migration at this point, but would be cool to have.

Andrus

Re: Jenkins builds

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--