Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net> on 2003/07/16 01:38:23 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 - Is it ready for noobs?

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 18:39, Daniel L. Miller wrote this in an attempt
to be witty and informative:
> As someone still getting their feet wet with Apache 1.3 and Linux -
> should I try working with Apache v2 or give it a while longer?
>
> Daniel

The long and short, you can upgrade now.
the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker
http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org http://mc-luug.homelinux.org/

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 - Is it ready for noobs?

Posted by DvDmanDT <dv...@telia.com>.
Yes... Although, it's not like impossible or something... It's not
recomended for enterprise servers but I think you can use it for private
purposes or whatever...

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
On Tuesday 15 July 2003 18:51, Shaun T. Erickson wrote this in an
attempt to be witty and informative:
> Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> > On Tuesday 15 July 2003 18:39, Daniel L. Miller wrote this in an
> > attempt
> >
> > to be witty and informative:
> >>As someone still getting their feet wet with Apache 1.3 and Linux -
> >>should I try working with Apache v2 or give it a while longer?
> >>
> >>Daniel
> >
> > The long and short, you can upgrade now.
>
> I keep hearing that you should NOT upgrade, if you are going to use
> php. Is that still true?

That, I don't know as I don't use PHP. Probably best asked on a PHP
list.

Posted by "Shaun T. Erickson" <st...@ste-land.com>.