Posted to user@orc.apache.org by Ravi Tatapudi <ra...@in.ibm.com> on 2015/12/02 12:25:07 UTC

Facing issues while reading ORC files

Hello,

Sending the same mail, with corrected-subject-line.

Using the attached simple program (orcrd.java), I am able to read the
column-types, column names & print the data-row, which is getting printed
as: {1, hello, orcFile}", from the attached ORC-file: "orcfile1".
However, when I try to get individual field-values, from this row (by
reading the row as "OrcRow"), I am getting the exception:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.orc.OrcStruct
incompatible with orcrd$OrcRow

Could you please see the sample-program reading from the attached file
("orcfile1") & let me know, how to read individual "field-values" from
each-row.

Thanks,
 Ravi