Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/01 23:27:42 UTC

part of request duplicated

I can't remember if this has been fixed since 2.0.24 (whatever version is
running on daedalus), but if you GET the URL

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/httpd.html

you'll see that the first few lines are duplicated (didn't count the exact
number of characters).

Can anyone confirm or deny this on a more modern version of the httpd?
I'll try to verify this evening, on the run right now.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: part of request duplicated

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@remulak.net>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> I can't remember if this has been fixed since 2.0.24 (whatever version is
> running on daedalus), but if you GET the URL
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/httpd.html
>
> you'll see that the first few lines are duplicated (didn't count the exact
> number of characters).
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny this on a more modern version of the httpd?
> I'll try to verify this evening, on the run right now.

Cliff,

Once I got over being fumble fingered and remembered how to type in a
valid netcat HTTP/1.0 GET, and get it thru the IBM firewall, I don't see
a server problem.  If you do, can you elaborate, please?

The headers are fine.  I see some duplication in the content, so yeah,
maybe we have a minor site problem.  The three lines starting with
"<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC" appear twice.  If I edit the source files, I see
them in the main file, and then again in the included header.html file.
But Netscape seems happy with it, fwiw.

Greg
What I got:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:13:56 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.24 (Unix)
Last-Modified: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 01:35:18 GMT
ETag: "2e4209-13b2-2a79a180"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

vlink="#000080" alink="#ff0000">

  <head>