Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/05/07 08:14:29 UTC

[WEBSITE] Discuss stripping down website generation

Hi all,

I recently added a “getting started” page for Java and located it in the “plc4j” module as I thought it belongs there.
But I did notice some un-niceness ;-) with that.
Even if it’s possible to link from one module to another, the navigation menu is separate for every module.
So if you jump to the java getting started page, all the menus in the top disappear and it’s difficult to get back.

Now how about using only the site of the parent module for web content?

In this case we could disable the site generation for all other modules and this would greatly speed up the website generation.
We have never really used the linking to sub-modules anyway and besides the API module, a user shouldn’t care about it anyway.

What do you think?

Chris

Re: [WEBSITE] Discuss stripping down website generation

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@linux.com>.
Hi,

My feedback from using the page for the first time.

I noticed that while looking for the getting started. Building the website was really slow on my machine as well. +1 from me.

I think the main menu item Reports - > Project Informationen is too hard to find for important stuff.

Niklas