Posted to builds@apache.org by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2010/11/29 13:32:23 UTC

windows1 broken

I guess the river-qa job was the straw that broke the camels back:

Cannot lock working copy
'C:\hudson\hudson-slave\workspace\River-QA\category\url\jdk\JDK 1.6
(latest)\label\Windows\qa\harness\configs\jeri\norm': There is not
enough space on the disk

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 03:54 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>>
>> Right, having 66 copies of the workspace on different machines sound
>> less than optimal. Would it be possible to divide these categories in
>> some other way in order to maintain one or a few workspaces?
>
> Wait, i havent told you everything. 66 workspaces PER machine
> (solaris||ubuntu||windows||osx||freebsd).

Right, that was what I tried to say as well :-) Again, not optimal,
please look into a different solution.

/niklas

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 11/29/2010 03:54 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> Right, having 66 copies of the workspace on different machines sound
> less than optimal. Would it be possible to divide these categories in
> some other way in order to maintain one or a few workspaces?

Wait, i havent told you everything. 66 workspaces PER machine
(solaris||ubuntu||windows||osx||freebsd).

Gr. Sim

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> wrote:
> River has a normal build, and a QA framework. This QA is a lengthy process
> taking more than 22 hours, where the river networking environment is tested.

Sounds like the perfect argument for a dedicated slave :-)

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 11/29/2010 03:35 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>> My thinking was, that only 1 workspace per machine would be created. That
>> turns out not to be the case. :-(
>
> Could you describe what's the purpose of the "categories" defined in
> the build config?

River has a normal build, and a QA framework. This QA is a lengthy
process taking more than 22 hours, where the river networking
environment is tested. Whe have to wait for a long time to see the

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 03:02 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG<si...@qcg.nl>  wrote:
>>> That means river-qa has to scale down on its size.
>>
>> Not necessarily at this time.
>
> It will create 66 workspaces per machine. Are you sure?

That sounds a bit hefty. Perhaps the full River-QA build had not been
yet been created before it ran out of disc. Agreed, this will likely
be a problem.

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> wrote:
> That means river-qa has to scale down on its size.

Not necessarily at this time.

> The problem is that the
> matrix project uses a separate workspace for every variant. Any ideas how to
> fix it?

I don't use matrix builds myself so I do not have any experience.

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 11/29/2010 02:47 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> the matrix project uses a separate workspace for every variant. Any
> ideas how to fix it? Can we get a custom workspace path on every machine
> (the same)?

I'm merely asking for permission and advice. :-)

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl>.
On 11/29/2010 02:43 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> The River QA takes as much space as all the other builds on that slave
> combined. That said, I've cleaned up some disc and restarted the slave
> so we should be fine for some time.

That means river-qa has to scale down on its size. The problem is that

Re: windows1 broken

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.