Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gord Tomlin <go...@actionsoftware.com> on 2003/03/11 19:53:09 UTC

fix for build.xml sample in NetBeans how-to -- where to send?

I just downloaded the Struts-1.1-rc1 binary distro,
and then followed the Netbeans How-To at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/netbeans.html
to allow me to work with the struts-example app in
Sun ONE Studio 4 update 1 (basically the same thing as NetBeans).

I ran into a couple of problems with the "war" target in the
sample build.xml in the how-to. Specifically, the resulting
war file has nothing but the directory tree under /WEB-INF/classes.
The result was a fatal error in init when I tried to start
Tomcat.

I've altered the build.xml file to produce a correct war file
and verified that the app now works properly, and I'd like to
provide "someone" with the updated build.xml. Now here's the
problem: I don't know whether the how-to is considered to be
supported documentation, so I don't know whether I should be
going through Bugzilla or not with this (and if not Bugzilla,
then where?)

Regards, Gord Tomlin

RE: fix for build.xml sample in NetBeans how-to -- where to send?

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I created that tutorial and it worked fine when I added it.  Perhaps I
missed something while creating the documentation for it.  You can post
it here or send it to me directly and I'll take care of it.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist