Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by King JKing <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/27 09:29:25 UTC

HBase client - reduce client retries when connect fail

Dear all,

I use package org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client to connect to HBase.
To decrease the number of retries when client connect to HBase fail, I
configured:

  <property>
    <name>zookeeper.retries</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.retries.number</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>
But client always retry 12 times.

Could you help me?
Thank a lot for support.

Re: HBase client - reduce client retries when connect fail

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
For sure your config. change is in the clients CLASSPATH?  Can you
pastebin the retries?  Perhaps something else is going on.
St.Ack